Expanding on the popular InReach SE satellite messenger, the InReach Explorer is the world’s only truly global satellite communicator with has built-in navigation with waypoints and routing.
Navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back. Send and receive text messages. Trigger an interactive SOS. Plan, track and share your journey. You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium. You can also pair it with your mobile device to access topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts.
Click Here for InReach EXPLORER Tracking Consumer Plans
DeLorme has now partnered with Lockheed Martin Flight Services to offer information above and beyond the standard service package provided by DeLorme. Click the link below for further information.
Click Here for InReach EXPLORER Advanced Condition Alerting Service, ACAS
Rugged. Waterproof. Ready for any adventure.
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view.
- View route details such as distance and bearing to destination. Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer.
- Plan your route online ahead of time, including waypoints, and share it with family and friends to follow along and watch your progress.
- Send and receive 160-character text messages* with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media.
- Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed.
- Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate back and forth with our 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center.
inReach Explorer: How it Works
Easy to Use Menu Interface
Color screen with virtual keyboard for standalone two-way messaging, creating waypoints, following a route, and viewing tracks.
Accurate, Reliable Navigation
Built-in digital compass, along with barometric altimeter and accelerometer sensors, provide heading and bearing info, accurate elevation readings, speed, and moving average.
Color-Coded Map View with Waypoints
Easy-to-follow Map page displays route, waypoints, tracks and messages geo-located onscreen for backtracking or self-rescue.
Interactive SOS Communications
Two-way messaging with rescue monitoring center enables appropriate and accurate response with ability to send and receive pertinent updates.
Technical Specifications and Important Information
- Includes digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Includes an odometer and displays useful trip statistics while in the field, such as trip time, max speed, moving average, trip distance
- 100 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky
- Color screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text for standalone two-way messaging
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5 meters
- Waterproof/dustproof (IP67; standard submersion to 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock)
- Internal lithium polymer battery (2,450 mAh capacity at 3.7 V)
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing
- Email, SOS and tracking functions work anywhere in the world; SMS availability may vary by country. 100% global
- coverage via the Iridium satellite network, which is the world’s furthest-reaching satellite communications network.
- Weight: 6.7 ounces
- Pairs via Bluetooth with Apple iOS, Android, or Kindle devices (smartphones and tablets)
DeLorme offers flexible plans ideal for year-round or monthly use. An active satellite subscription is required to use inReach, and there are two categories of plans: annual 12-month contracts with lower monthly fees or freedom plans, which require only a 30-day commitment.
Freedom No-Contract Plans
The Freedom plan allows you to pay for satellite airtime service when you need it on a monthly basis. You can change plans, up or down, or suspend your service at no charge. The annual Freedom Plan subscription is ideal for seasonal or occasional use.
Annual Contract Plans
Annual plans offer lower monthly fees and are ideal for people who either plan on using their inReach all year long, or who want the peace of mind of having a continuously active SOS device. Ideal for year-round use and peace of mind.